JKSSB Librarian Syllabus 2021, JKSSB Photo Librarian Syllabus, JKSSB Library Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern, JKSSB Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Item No. 65, 117, 178 and 223 vide Advertisement Notification No. 01 of 02 of 2020. JKSSB has issued the syllabus for the Librarian, Photo Librarian and Library Assistant, Divisional Cadre Posts (Jammu/Kashmir). Candidates who have applied for the above said posts, can check syllabus and exam pattern through this webpage and also download the Syllabus Pdf, link given below.
JKSSB Librarian, Library Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021
Name of Post: Librarian & Library Assistant
Advt. No: 01 & 02 of 2020
Exam Date: Notify Later
Admit Card: Will be available 10 days prior to exam
Negative Marking: Yes
Job Location: J&K
JKSSB Librarian and Library Assistant Exam Date, Admit Card 2021
JKSSB will soon issue the Exam date for the posts of Librarian, Photo Librarian and Library Assistant on its official website. Candidates, who have applied for the said recruitment, can check their exam date and admit cards status through this web page.
JKSSB Librarian & Library Assistant Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Unit – I (Libraries)
Unit-IV (Information Sources)
JKSSB Detailed Syllabus for Librarian and Library Assistant Post
UNIT-I (20 Marks)
- Types of Libraries and their Features
- Role of Libraries in Contemporary Society
- Five Laws of Library Sciences
- Library Legislations in India
- Digital Library
- Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- National and International Library Associations: ILA, IASLIC, IATLIS, IFLA, FID, ALA, ASLIB etc.
- National and intercalation Agencies: UNESCO, OCLC, PRRLF, UGC, INFLIBNET, DELNET etc.
- Information Centres, DRTC, ISI, INSDOC (NISCAIR), NIASSDOC, DESIDOC, SENDOC etc
UNIT-II (20 Marks)
- Basic Terminology: Call Number, Class Number, Book Number, Isolates
- Classification; concept & purpose
- Types and characteristics of classification schemes.
- ISBD, ISBN, ISSN; classification schemes.
- Features of DDC, UDC, and CC.
- Five Fundamental Categories.
- Notation: Defamation and Purpose
- Library Catalogue; definition and purpose.
- Cannons of classification and cataloguing.
UNIT-III (20 Marks)
- Principles of Book Selection.
- Selection Tool; Print and Non-Print Materials
- Processing of Documents; Accessing, Classification, Cataloguing, lebelling and shelving.
- Difference between catalogue, Accession Register, Bibliography and shelf list.
- Serials/Journals; selection and Procurement.
- Book Transaction System: Traditional and Modern
- Stock verification of books; methods and tools
- Weeding Process
UNIT-IV (Marks 20)
- Information sources: Definition, types and importance;
- Information sources- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary.
- Information Services: Definition and need of reference, documentation and information services.
- Types of Dictionaries, Encyclopaedias
- Geographical and Biographical Sources
- Indexing and Abstracting Sources
- Types of Bibliographies
- Bibliographies Sources
UNIT-V (20 Marks)
- Study of Computer including concept of Hardware.
- Library Automation Need and Purpose.
- Need for computer applications, Areas of computer applications. Automation in library Management. Software Packages for Library Management-Essential features
- Computer and its Units, Computer and its classification.
- Study of Various operating systems.
- General-purpose application software: Word Processing such as MS-office, lotus.
- Special Purpose application software: CDS/ISIS.
- Library Networking: Needs & Purpose. (ix) OPAC AND Web-OPAC.
UNIT-VI (20 Marks)
- Types of reference service, ready reference service, long range reference service
- Reference librarian: role skills and competences
- User education/information literacy skills
- International information system; INIS, AGRIS, MEDLARS/MEDLINE, INSPEC
- Information Seeking Pattern
[Advt.01& 02 of 2020] JKSSB Librarian, Library Assistant Exam Pattern, Syllabus 2021 Out || JKSSB Librarian Exam Date, Call Letter
Dear Candidate, through this webpage, we have tried to provide the authentic information regarding the syllabus and exam pattern for the posts of Librarian and Library Assistant. Candidates can download the syllabus pdf for future use by clicking the above link.